How to Setup a Virtual Private Network
Internet nowadays is the jugular vein of new age global community and thus its secure utilization is our utmost concern. Virtual private network not only helps us to connect to a remote network securely but also provides you online privacy by proper encryption. Being an extensive internet user, if you are worrying about the entire set up process of the virtual private network then you are currently in the right place to clear all your doubts. To work with a virtual private network, you have to follow few simple steps which includes mainly – i) setting up the server (the computer from which necessary files are shared) and setting up the client (another computer from which shared files can be accessed). The entire process of setting up VPN is described in brief in the following:
(1) Firstly start with obtaining your IP address from any website which is offering the same facility of obtaining IP address. Then go to the control panel to choose the ‘Network and internet connections’ icon.
(2) Then you have to click on the ’Network Connection’. After that it is necessary to choose the icon named as ‘Create a New Connection’ which will facilitate the opening of the ‘New connection wizard’.
(3) In that wizard, you have to choose the two options respectively ‘Set up an advanced connections’ & ‘Accept incoming connections’.
(4) You have to choose the specific device which will be used for the incoming connections. Then click next and select ‘Allow Virtual Private Connections’.
(5) As the next step of the set up, you have to choose the user whom you want to give the permission to access the shared files.
(6) Without changing anything on the network software screen, you have to simply click on the finish button to complete the VPN setup of server.