How Can User Increase Their Online Security
Online security is the most crucial thing for the all the internet users as several types of cyber scams have been evolved which are responsible for stealing the confidential information. The people who think installation of anti-virus, firewall and anti-spyware software can protect them from hackers as well as threats are completely wrong. Apart from a proper installation of antivirus software, you have to take some more precaution to avoid any unwanted scenario. Some of the common steps which have enough capability to increase your online security are described in brief in the following:
- Augment your antivirus tool: – Threat fire has been made in a specific way which will work alongside with your remaining security products. Like the other anti-virus tools, it does not depend on signature to know malware. Augment monitor’s your pc/device for threat like accident. This security acts on time to alert about malware otherwise on the other times it remains silent.
- Mail plain text: – E-mail can be hidden in HTML. So you should activate mail program to have a look to all messages in plain text by default. Only see any mail with the entire link when you trust the sender of that mail.
- Don’t click mail links: – You should be careful and 100% sure while clicking to any links in your email as it can be unsafe.
- Vet your email: – You should delete unwanted and suspicious messages without giving them chance to enter your mail. Recently several mail service providers provide options like strict filtering which make you safer from getting trapped by malwares.
- Switch web browsers: – You should download or switch to the latest version of internet explorer to keep you away from unwanted malicious software.
- Before visit to any website check it once: – Before visiting any new website, you should check the reputation of that site. This will help you to keep away from the unwanted malwares.
- Screen all downloads:- Before opening any attachment you should download and save the file to your hard disk and then after clicking right button run fast scan with the help of security tool.