How to Troubleshoot Common VPN Related Errors
VPN provides protected connections (which are named as VPN tunnels) to its all users. But in some unlikelihood scenario, connection speed gets reduced in many ways and unwanted errors may also be found. If you are facing errors related to connection with VPN then specific troubleshooting techniques need to be applied to resolve those issues. If the error shows while establishing VPN connection by the help of windows in-built client then you should have go through the following details to get a basic idea regarding the same. There are many different code errors occur and those need to be solved by troubleshooting procedures:-
- Make sure the computer or device which you are using for VPN connection from client is properly connected to the internet or any other network support. The same access should be worked with the outside network.
- Make sure your VPN client has set the correct network setting which is the most crucial thing important to work with the target VPN server.
- In case, if any local network firewall is interfering with VPN communication you have to identify the firewall first and turn it off temporarily. There are some types of VPN which requires open ports at the time of using the same.
- If authentication error arises then the problem lies in your log-in details. You should verify the log-in details before trying again as only correct log-in can make you connected with the specific VPN network.
- If you are facing problem while browsing the web using VPN then solve it by setting your DNS to Google and delete other settings which was set in the earlier period.
- If VPN disconnects automatically every time then solve it by making sure that all connections and power save features have been turned off or not.