Being a beginner you may seem the entire VPN configuration process quite critical as it comprises of the installation of several certificates as well as proper configuration of the server settings. But creating a configuration profile is not that much tough.
- The first step of this process will consist of the installation of the Apple Configurator which is actually an iPhone Configuration Utility. Being a user of Mac, you may get this from the Mac App Store.
- Though creating a profile via Apple Configurator is also possible, we are going to focus our view over the process through the VPN settings.
- Follow the mentioned pathway to create a new profile first: Select the prepare section first > Keep the supervision slider on > Click on the ‘+’ sign to create a new profile > Give the profile & the organisation two different names; add a short description of the profile activity > Click on the VPN icon present on the side bar > Click on Configure > Choose type of the VPN server > Name, password, address, accounts & other required authentication methods.
- It’s time to export the profile. To do this click on the Save button and notice the new profile which got added in the previous list of profiles.
- A new profile with .mobile config extension is ready as of now. This can be installed in the iPAD or iPhone to configure the VPN settings on the specific device.
- Installing the Profile: As the last step, you have to make the profile available for the iPAD or iPhone. This file can also be downloaded from the website. Just you have to tap the link of .mobileconfig file & then install the same.
- You just have to e-mail the file to the specific person whom you want to make connected with your VPN.
Steps to Create VPN Configuration Profile: