Being solely based on the complex information technology, it is not awkward thing that any kind of performance issue may raise with the VPN. The most common technical problems which usually arise in the VPN connection are described in brief in the following.
- File servers become inaccessible: Though the user should have the authorized access to the specific file servers of the VPN connection, sometimes it gets lost due to the problem of the name resolution. Assignation of the DNS server by the VPN client may resolve this problem regarding network host names in an ease.
- Inaccessibility of documents under corporate network: This problem can often be seen in different VPN connections. This problem is caused only for the same ID of the VPN network which the client is using as well as the corporate network.
- Arise of connection problem while connecting from behind NAT devices:This problem is mainly caused due to the absence of the NAT editor behind PPTP protocol only in the case of some of the high profile network vendor.
- Slow performance: This is the often reported problem which is associated with the VPN. Though there are lots of reasons responsible behind this problem, the most common cause of this problem is the location of the client. The clients which are located behind the DSL network which is responsible for employing PPPoE are usually affected by this problem.
- Traffic passing between VPN get ways get stopped: Sometime after proper establishment of the VPN connections, traffic cannot able to pass between the respective sites. This is mainly caused when both the sites are located under the same network ID.
- Loss of internet connectivity when being with the VPN: Though it is one of the most common VPN related problem, many persons have to face the same. This is mainly caused when VPN server is set as the default gat way in the VPN client software.
Written By: SEo
May 16, 2016