How to connect to a VPN from Your iPhone or iPad
Simultaneously with the increasing popularity of the VPN, all the smartphones are made in such a way that they will become computable with different VPN protocols to perform in a flawless manner. The iPhone as well as iPad are also not the exception of the same. The recently built newer models of iPhones are compatible with protocols like PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, and Cisco IPSec but connecting to the OpenVPN protocol can also be done via third party apps. Though the older models of iPhone get disconnected from VPN after entering into the sleep mode, the problem has been completely rectified in the newer models.
- The first step is tapping on the ‘General’ category which is present under the settings app. Then select the VPN option from the bottom of the list by tapping over the same.
- The first VPN settings can only be added by tapping over the “Add VPN Configuration”. In case of adding multiple VPNs the same can be done from the screen too.
- It’s the time to select the specific protocol option i.e. PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, and Cisco IPSec.
- Then enter the VPN connection details in the respective field which is present on the screen. If you want to get with the VPN of your own workplace, you have to acquire the necessary credentials from the respective authority.
- Save the entered details and this completes your entire VPN set up.
- It’s to get connected with the VPN. You have to open the setting window then toggling the VPN slider will make you connected to the VPN and you will see the VPN icon on the status bar.
- Re-toggling will make you disconnected from the working connection which is followed by the disappearance of the VPN icon on the status bar.
Some of the steps need to be followed to establish a proper PPTP, L2TP/IPSec, and Cisco IPSec VPNs connection from your iPhone or iPad: