Doxing basically is collection of information of an individual and sharing it publicly against the individual’s will. Cyber bullies nowadays use doxing to strip away one’s anonymity. Motives behind doxing could be to harass, humiliate, harm reputation etc. Moreover the attacker who is doxing digs the information from somewhere on the internet which is already present. They put all these collected information together and make it easily accessible to the world. Doxing can be considered a serious violation of one’s privacy as the material which it includes can consist of personal information, private files, shared opinions etc. There are few methods through which doxers collect information.
- http://hartwellclothing.com/?wc-ajax=get_refreshed_fragments Packet Sniffing
Public Wifis are highly unguarded when it comes to hacking. An attacker can intercept your connection with the router and can now view all your network activities thereby capturing sensitive personal data like passwords, credit card numbers etc.
- Kashira IP loggers
IP logging is a well known technique where the doxer sends you a mail or message. As soon as you open that message a code runs in the background revealing your system’s IP address to the doxer.
- Masterton Analyzing metadata of files
Metadata is a data that describes other data. For example photos have EXIF data which reveals model of the camera, time, resolution, location(if GPS enabled). Doxers will do anything to gain information so prevent yourself from getting doxed. Let’s check out how one can save himself from getting doxed. Avoid doxing with VPN.
1) Update your passwords regularly and keep a strong password. A 10 character password is considered to be a strong one. If you are bad at remembering passwords here’s a trick. Pick a trending song and make it your password. For example “Lovemelikeyoudo@2018”. Not only it is unique, it is lengthy and secure too.
2) Manage your privacy settings on social networking sites. This will help you in keeping your account secure. Make sure your personal details are not visible to everyone. Also you might consider to unfriend people whom you don’t know for protecting your privacy.
3) Use VPNShazam for protecting your online privacy with VPN. With VPNShazam you can switch between 700+ servers as much as you want, hide behind 44,000+ IP address worldwide protecting your real IP address. VPN provides a secure tunnel between you and ISP thereby maintaining user anonymity and improving security.
Don’t wait to be doxed, choose VPNShazam and experience anonymous and secure VPN.