Your phone or tablet have become a very integral part nowadays. There are many things for which we use our phones like reading, gaming, video streaming, ebooks etc. Even though we rely on our phones for our day to day activities we surely pay less attention in its security. Mobile security is one of the booming problem and its time we need to take preventive measures. Hackers are targeting phones or tablets as they observed less security measures taken by users to protect their phones. As most of the transactions nowadays are being done via phones, hackers are trying to steal those financial information from your device. They run botnets, which can steal your data without your knowledge.
Ways to find out if your device has been hacked
There are some common symptoms you would observe, if your device is compromised by hackers. Although, if they occur individually they couldn’t be a threat but a group of symptoms could mean something. You can say your device is hacked if:
- If you find an app that you never installed.
- If the battery of your device is draining faster at the same time your device becomes hotter than usual.
- If your device’s processing speed has reduced, even after removing apps that you might feel are slowing your device.
- If your device is restarting automatically, quite often.
- If your contacts are receiving texts or emails from you. but you didn’t send them.
Ways to Protect yourself if your device has been hacked
Although it is suggested to protect your device beforehand, these are few tips to protect your device:
- Steer Clear of Public Wi-Fis: As far as possible you should avoid using public Wi-Fis. If you have no other option install a VPN prior to connecting to public Wi-Fi. VPN encrypts your data thereby protecting you even on a public Wi-Fi.
- Install Antivirus along with VPN: Antivirus is not meant for personal computers or laptops, as security is crucial in your smartphone too, install an antivirus software in your device. VPN along with antivirus guarantees anonymity and security of your device.
- Install Applications from Trusted Sources: Always install from official store as they verify all the apps. Always keep your device software and apps up to date. With every new update patches get installed in your device for certain types of malwares so it is important.
- Avoid storing critical information on device: Information like bank account details, username, passwords etc. are not meant to be stored on device. Always try to memorise and write it down for future reference, it is a good practice. So, even if your device ever gets compromised your sensitive information doesn’t get revealed easily.
Check our article Smartphone Security Made Simple for more security tips.By using a VPN, you reduce your chances of ever getting hacked. VPN not only protects your data, but also provides unlimited entertainment by unblocking all content on the world wide web. Thinking of ordering a VPN, choose VPNShazam to experience ultra secure and ultra fast service. VPNShazam’s network consists of 1800+ servers across 140+ countries that guarantees 99.9% uptime. With up to 72% discount offered VPNShazam is the best choice and the first step for your mobile security. Click here to order VPNShazam now.