Encrypted email services are recommended by security experts for secure communication. Email itself isn’t a secure way to communicate. It is similar to sending a postcard — but anyone can intercept and read it, and you wouldn’t even know. For general purpose communications, exchange of emails is fine but you would be taking a risk if you are sending sensitive information via email. But if there is no other way than sending an email you must encrypt it before sending.
In Email encryption, message is scrambled which makes it impossible to read without proper key to decrypt. A ‘private key’ with the recipient and the ‘public key’ from the sender is matched to encrypt the message. Theoretically, this type of email highly safe. Go through our article on Australian users webcams are being targeted by hackers. to know by what all means hackers target users.
Send Encrypted Emails With These Services
It is a Swedish company that offers high level of security and is specifically designed for people dealing with financial information or any other highly-sensitive information.
- Your IP information is not stored.
- Cached emails are stored on CD-ROMs which makes it difficult for thieves to access them.
- It includes a password manager as well
- It uses anonymous headers thereby improving security.
- Only a week is given for free trail which is fairly not enough to properly evaluate its services.
- It has limited storage space.
It is an OpenPGP based service which provides end-to-end encryption. As it is based in Belgium, there are strict data protection laws. User can use it with custom domains as well, and it also provides a complete email suite that offers all usual amenities.
- It includes digital signatures thereby preventing email spoofing.
- It includes a calendar
- It also supports IMPA and SMTP with a secure connection.
- It does not show any ads.
- You need to pay to obtain more storage.
- It stores the private keys on it own servers.
- You can only send to people with OpenPGP key.
Since 1999 Hushmail has an excellent reputation. It is a modern web interface with both business and personal options. Your email is kept highly secure that even Hushmail can’t read it.
- It supports IMAP and POP.
- It offers two-step-authentication for additional safety.
- It imports contacts and also has a spam filter.
- You need to provide your phone number and an alternate email address to sign up.
There are many other encrypted email services like ProtonMail, Tutanota, etc. Read our post on You can have an email account and be incognito to know more about secure email services.
Improve Your Security With VPN
By using any one of the services listed above would keep your email secure from prying eyes. Additionally adding a VPN will secure the email from being hacked by hackers. But the main thing is to avoid sending sensitive information via email without encrypted email services and a VPN. VPN protects your identity online and encrypts all your information thereby evading hackers and snoops. VPN hides your IP address from your ISP so even your ISP cannot track your online activities. Choose VPNShazam – one of the best VPN providers to safeguard your online privacy.
VPNShazam provides unlimited bandwidth with protocols like PPTP/L2TP/OVPN/SSTP/IPSEC/IKEV. We provide unlimited server switches and you can hide among 300,000 IPs. With 1800+ servers worldwide across 140+ countries you can secure your connection and change your location with just one click. Enjoy our ultra secure and ultra fast VPN experience. Click here and order VPNShazam now with up to 80% discount on selected plans.