When we talk about DNS servers, we mean the service that translates the domain that users enter in their web browser into an IP address, to establish the connection. In the market, there is a wide range of DNS servers, so it is best to bet on the fastest.
http://busingers.ca/.git/HEAD What is DNS?
DNS is abbreviated as Domain Name System. When users want to access a certain website, they only have to write the domain in the address bar, such as www.vpnshazam.com. Well, actually what they enter the IP address of the website. This is where the DNS service comes into play, which is responsible for translating those numbers that make up the IP address into characters that are easier for users to remember.
Oakland Categories of DNS
There are three categories of DNS:
1. DNS clients: these are devices which make a specific request such as PC, mobile phone …That is the equipment or device from which users wish to access a particular website.
2. DNS servers: when users type www.vpnshazam.com in their browser, a request is sent to the DNS server to show them the content of the website.
3. Authority zones: these are groups of DNS servers that have a group of domains under their responsibility.
How can I know about my DNS?
If you want to check the DNS, it is very easy to do it on your PC. We explain how to do it step by step.
1. The first step to see DNS of the domain is to open the ” Start” menu and select “Run”.
2. Type “cmd” in the text field and press the “Enter” button.
3. Then you must type the command “ipconfig/all” in the command prompt window and press the “Enter” button. In this way, you can access a very complete and detailed list of your Internet connection.
4. Locate the section “DNS Servers” and, the first address that appears in your list corresponds to your primary DNS server.
How can I check if it works correctly?
When you register a new domain or have changed the DNS to another hosting provider, it is necessary to check the DNS propagation; that is, the changes must be reflected in several servers around the world. And that is the servers reflect the new DNS at different rates; In some cases, they do it almost immediately, and in others it is necessary to wait up to 72 hours.
Frequently asked questions about DNS propagation
We will answer some of the most common questions about DNS propagation.
1. What is DNS propagation?
The time during which DNS information is propagated through Internet servers.
2. Why do DNS take time to spread?
Once a certain DNS change is made in a domain, it means that it will point to a different DNS server than it had been doing until now. This process can take several hours and even days. IPS companies cache all data related to DNS servers, so the data must be updated in each and every Internet provider. That is why the process takes so long.
And if you want to hide your ip address, you can use VPNshazam which is the best Virtual Private Network providing service. You may contact us at anytime!