Installing a VPN on Xbox One saves online freedom and privacy, but it also lets you do a lot more than that. Bypassing your data through a VPN tunnel, you will also be able to pretend to be in another country and thus play on different game servers to compete against players from different regions.
You’ll even be able to bypass restrictions to access more online media libraries, allowing you to watch more content on streaming services like Netflix. There are indeed many advantages to using a VPN for gaming. In our previous guide, we discussed the VPN Tunnel and how it works. In this guide, we’ll tell you how to set up a VPN on an Xbox One.
Install A VPN On An Xbox One (Recommended Method)
To install a VPN on an Xbox One console, you can adopt a secure way. The reliable way is to set up the VPN directly on your router.
Guess what? Installing a VPN on the router ensures all devices at home or office are protected. Thus, it is protecting your Xbox one also. It indeed gives you privacy, security, and the ability to be in a different country each time you turn on your Xbox.
However, be sure it will not take a longer time to install on your router. It will take around twenty minutes. You need administrator access to your router.
- First of all, you need to sing up for one of the best VPN services for Xbox before you want to install a VPN on Xbox One. Though some VPN services are expensive, you may select the best one as per your budget. If you are searching for the best VPN service in a very friendly budget, we recommend you use VPNShazam. It is reliable, has servers all over the world, and offers unmatched speeds. Don’t use free VPN services. Free VPNs leak secure data.
- Access your router’s control panel using its local IP address.
- To find out how, see your router’s documentation, ask your ISP, or check out our router default connection guide.
- Go to Network. Then select configuration. Under configuration, select Setting.
- Then select WAN in your router’s control panel.
- Set up the VPN configuration details. Be sure that you will get a configuration set up when you will buy a VPN service. However, if you are confused, take help from the support team of the VPN service provider. VPNShazam has a dedicated and enthusiastic support team.
Usually, this is your username, password, VPN server IP address, and DNS address. You can get this information from your VPN provider, if you haven’t received it yet, ask customer support before installing a VPN on your Xbox.
Confirm these following changes and close the control panel of your router:
- After turning on Xbox One, go to the Settings menu.
- From the Setting menu select Network
- And from Network, configure Wireless Network to connect to a new network.
Then, your Xbox One will show you to select your Network. Thus, you will choose from the display. Select your WiFi network from the list and connect with the corresponding connection information. However, don’t forget to test your connection to confirm everything is working correctly!
The router should now allow you to geolocate your Xbox at the remote location of your choice.
Please note: you can change this location by changing the VPN server address in your router’s admin panel.
If you want to connect to a VPN through a router, you can either set up the VPN connection yourself as described above or purchase a VPN router that is configured to work with many different VPN providers.
Set Up Your VPN To An Xbox (Cheapest Method Without Going Through The Router)
The second method to install a VPN on Xbox One, you can use to connect your Xbox One to a VPN is to share your VPN connection with your Xbox using a laptop or desktop computer.
This method is quick, easy, and does not require installing a VPN on your router. However, this method is not also time-consuming. Besides, it takes around ten minutes. But keep in mind, you need an Ethernet cable.
- First of all, you need to sing up for one of the best VPN services for Xbox, like the previous step. For this method, we also recommend VPNShazam due to the number of high-speed servers available around the world.
- So, after signing up for the VPN, download VPN apps to your PC. VPNShazam supports Windows, Mac, and Android also.
- Then don’t forget to connect Xbox One with your Laptop/PC using the Ethernet Cable.
- After connecting with your Laptop/PC, Open the Control panel and enter into Network and Sharing Center.
- From this section, select on Change the Adapter Setting. Then click right on your VPN connection (the one you just installed on your PC) and click Properties.
- Then from properties, select Sharing and check the box:
‘Allow other network users to connect via this computer’s internet connection.’
- And then, locate the Home network connection drop-down menu and select your Ethernet connection.
- Finally, don’t forget to click ‘OK.’
- Connect the VPN to the Laptop/PC.
- However, don’t forget to select a server location that matches your requirements.
- Then start your Xbox One.
- Remember to set the network setting to be Automatic on the console.
Test the Xbox live connection by clicking and selecting the Xbox home button:
System> Settings> General> Network settings> Test network connection.
Hoping that this guide has helped you easily connect your Xbox One game console to your VPN!