How to set up OpenVPN on Linux
This is Command Line version Guide.
OpenVPN Network Manager plugin seems to be buggy.
- Install the latest OpenVPN package (depends on your Linux distribution).
- Download the your OpenVPN configuration files and CA certificate from your email.
- Unzip and past *.ovpn files (each file is for one VPN server) and vpnshazam-ca.pem files to same directory. For example to your HOME directory.
- Open terminal as a ROOT and change to directory which contain previously unzipped files.
- Then start your openVPN connection in terminal using for example this command (czech server): openvpn --config czech_republic.ovpn
- Enter your ShazamVPN Account details - your User name and Password.
- If you can see the message "Initialization Sequence Completed" your openvpn connection is established.
If you have problem with opening pages. It is probably problem with automatic DNS or ROUTE configuration.
Please check your /etc/resolv.conf file and add right DNS configuration. You can use for example Free DNS servers from OpenDNS.com.