Windows 10 L2TP VPN Setup
Hit the Windows key and type ‘VPN’ and hit enter.
“Add a VPN connection” in the Network & Internet Settings window
When the “Add a VPN connection” window pops up, fill in the following information:
- VPN provider: select Windows (built-in) from the drop-down
- Connection Name: type name that you will recognize for the connection (ex. VPNShazam US Server)
- Server name or address: enter the VPNShazam server address or hostname. you can find the VPN servers list inside the client’s download area.
- VPN Type: select the Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol with IPsec (L2TP/IPsec) from the drop-down.
- Type of sign-in info: leave the default User name and password
- User name: type your VPNShazam username
- Password: type your VPNShazam password
- Remember my sign-in info can be unchecked if you would like to login each time you connect
Before you connect, you will need to change some advanced settings. Please click the “Change adapter options” button under Related Settings.
Find and right click the VPN connection you created, then click Properties.
Under the Security tab in the Properties window, check “Allow these Protocols” and leave only Microsoft CHAP Version 2 checked. Then click the Advanced Settings button under the Type of VPN drop-down list at the top.
When the Advanced Properties window pops up check the Use preshared key for authentication then type ‘12345678’ for the Key. Then click OK on the Advanced Properties and the connection Properties windows.
Click the connect button on the VPN you created, after which you should be connected. If you run into any issues, please contact support through our support center.
Once you have the VPN connection set up, you can connect by either clicking the Windows key and typing VPN to bring up the Network and Internet page where your VPN connections are listed. You can then click the connect button to begin the connection process. The other option is to click your connection status icon down at the bottom-right of your taskbar, then clicking the VPN of your choice. The VPN window will pop up and as before you can click the VPN you want to connect to and hit the connect button.